Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It's been years...

Almost two months since the last post. We're here in MN, we're fine, we're unpacked, save a few boxes of books. But it's too much. I have much too much going on. I didn't knit for over a month. I have been watching too much TV--who knew reality TV could be so engrossing when you are trying to avoid cleaning the house? I feel uninspired to blog about the drivel that my life is lately, even though that is not even true. We moved to a great city, we have wonderful friends and family around us that we see all the time now, Tim will start his job next week, and school starts after Labor Day and there are other very wonderful things happening...but. I don't feel like my blog is worth it. I have about 20 blogs that I read nearly everyday, that give me inspiration and laughs and a sense of camaraderie, but I've realized that having my own blog does not help me in those ways. I feel tied down by the responsibility--"I haven't blogged this week, that's bad, better get to it." I didn't want this to be homework, you know? And recently, I've been thinking that I have been using my knitting as a crutch. If I am sitting at home and knitting, then I don't have to deal with all the things I'm thinking and worrying about. Because then the excuse is: I'm doing something--I'm knitting. And that's not at all the kind of knitter, or person for that matter, I want to be.

So I'm not killing the blog. If something is happening that I want to share, I'll give a little post. I want to work on living my life, and not worrying about the things in it or the things I'm not doing. I'm still out there, and I'm reading your blogs and loving what your making and doing, and occasionally I'll give a shout-out to let you know I still love you, like you, Noelle, Amy and Audrey, whom I never would have met without the stinking ole blog.

I'll be fine--I just need to work on a few things.

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, August 10, 2005, Anonymous Amy said...

Don't worry about us! We'll be here to read about what's new when you have time to tell us! I'm glad you are moved! Now the hard work of transitioning really begins though! :/

 
At 2:16 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Susan said...

Hey, glad you made it here. If you are looking for someone to knit with, be sure to check out the TCSnB (Twin Cities Stitch & Bitch) groups on Yahoo - lots of places and times to get together with other knitters.

Here is a link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TCSnB/

 
At 5:34 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger QoE said...

I just read that last comment.
Just wanted to let you know that the group has changed.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TCKnit/
We were shut down because of the name, but we're still trying to find each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home