Sunday, May 01, 2005

They say it's your birthday....

...so Happy Birthday to ME!!!!! Yep, I'm the big 2-7 today. We celebrated yesterday, since my favorite restaurant is closed on Sundays. So we got in the car and drove up to Santa Fe. Tim drove



so there was car knitting



That is the beginning of Audrey from Rowan 35 in Coral Calmer. I know I'm late jumping on the Audrey bandwagon, but better late than never, n'est ce pas? I am such a fan of this yarn--so soft, so smushy. But no one in this god-forsaken state carries it. I got mine on ebay last week with the intention of using it to knit Elspeth, but after 3 cast-ons and 3 rips, that was just not happening. I guess others have been having problems with it too, so I decided to save myself the headache. Summer knitting list? Out the window. The new list, as of this moment today:

1. Rowan Audrey
2. Apricot Sweater from Rebecca
3. Soft Kid wrap sweater from Rebecca
4. Belize tank for me in mango Bali

As always, the list is subject to change.

Anyway, back to Santa Fe. We had lunch at the fabulous Tia Sophia's, where I had my favorite beans and rice burrito and Tim had the Saturday special. No pictures, as we were too busy eating. After stuffing ourselves silly, we had time for silly tourist pictures



before I got down to the birthday shopping. I had to get this bag and the matching scarf--so cute, such a splurge. We hit the outlets and I got some deals--a couple of cute tops and a pair of capris. But you know I'm saving the real goodies for last



10 skeins of All Seasons Cotton for the Rebecca Apricot sweater, some Koigu that Tim picked out for me, and a couple of Addis. I had to upgrade for my future projects--no more Susan Bates! (not that there's anything wrong with that....)

And this morning I finished all of my homework. You read that right, ALL OF MY HOMEWORK IS FINISHED!! I am officially done for the summer. The couple of classes I have to attend next week is nothing. I don't have any more work to do--I am officially Checked Out. Couldn't have a better birthday present. :-)

off to eat tiramisu for lunch...

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, May 01, 2005, Anonymous Michelle said...

Happy birthday to YOU! What a wonderful thing to be born on May day! You must be very spiritually powerful!

Your new purchases look great. I just want to run my hands through all of that new yarn. Can't wait to see your next creation!

 
At 9:39 AM, May 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B'day - did you go by the Needle's Eye when you were in SF? Small store, but fairly good selection of popular yarns.

meg

http://nepenthe.blog-city.com

 
At 9:28 AM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aubree,

I must have lost your email. You can check out vendors:

http://www.fiberartsfiesta.org/venders.htm

this isn't a sheep/knitting specific festival (FIESTA!) but it looks like there will be lots of knitting related items! I always travel in early October so I haven't been able to get to Taos's festival yet! I am hoping this year....

If you have time, think about coming by Knit Night tonight - the details are on my blog!

meg

 
At 12:31 PM, May 06, 2005, Anonymous Jen said...

Happy birthday! Although I'm late! I am yet to see a finished Elspeth, I'm scared I'll have to rip mine too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home