Sunday, April 10, 2005

Unbelievable

Yesterday was a beautiful day, albeit a bit windy. But this is New Mexico--when other states get spring showers, we get wind. But still, a gorgeous day nonetheless. Tim and I worked in the yard--fertilized and seeded the lawn, weeded the old garden plot and put down cedar bark mulch, trimmed all the bushes and cut out the dead branches. It was looking pretty good out there.

But look at what I woke up to this morning:





SNOW!!! In April!! In Albuquerque!! I mean, come on!! It's not as if we live in the tundra that is, oh, Minnesota. It's just not right. Maybe it's just to spite me for thinking I could plant flowers in April.

Oh well. Here are some more things I liked in the spring Vogue Knitting. Not going on the list. Not yet anyway. Ask me again AFTER we move.


Very pretty. I would tighten up the neckline a bit, so I can wear a bra with it and not get all Flashdance.


So cute. I would get rid of the lace-up part and just continue the pattern across the bust, and make it in a prettier color, maybe a dark pink or coral.

Anyway, back to homework. Sundays are for homework...:-(

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, April 10, 2005, Blogger littlehedgehog said...

LOL I know! Love springtime in New Mexico. As Cody said "We get the same weather as the rest of the country. We just get it all in the same week."

 
At 8:54 AM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Stricken madchen said...

lol, I suppose it will not make you feel any better to know that up here in Minnesota we do not have any snow right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home