Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Quick Knits and Mondays are the Best

Look what I wore yesterday:



It's Gesta from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's Book Two, knit in some sort of Noro on US 10 1/2's. I think it's Blossom, but don't quote me on that. I had gotten the yarn many moons ago, and it was living life as a very thick, never worn scarf. I decided that I would recycle the yarn and make something I actually would wear. So I ripped, wet the kinks out, and after only a week of knitting, voila!! I love this vest. It was actually warm, and it's flattering without resembling a corset. No one likes corsets. Let those babies breathe!!

So I wore it to school yesterday, and when I was helping a pair of my fourth grade girls on an assignment, one said about the vest, "Pretty colors!" I answered, "Thanks. I made it myself." The girls said, "YOU DID??!! Cool!!" One girl called the colors "like fall and spring mixed together." Aww! How great are they?! Best compliment I could have gotten. I swear, those kids are the only thing getting me through this semester. Mondays are the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home