Sunday, March 20, 2005

Loot!!

I spent a day relaxing at home on Friday and got this surprise in the mail:



Some yummy bath salts, cute notecards and some mini M&M's (that barely made it past taking the photo)! Tim loves him some M&M's, so I had to share. Happy March, indeed! Thanks, SP!!

I also got some things I have been hankering for when we were in Minnesota. Tim and I took a trip to tres chic Grand Ave. in St Paul, where I stopped into The Yarnery and got these:



Finally!!! The new Rowan and Rebecca spring issues, and 4 balls of Rowan Kid Classic---none of which the local shop had. They were going to order them for me, but come on, why wait? The Kid Classic is for the Turtleneck shrug in Scarf Style. I think that thing is just the cutest and have been wanting to make it since I got the book way back last fall. Here's what I've got so far:



It's taking forever because I have to use the DPN's. I may have to get myself a 12" circular, just so I can get on with it and not quit out of boredom--because I really want the shrug, and before summer would be a plus!

And speaking of finally, I finished my Clapotis!! And I have to say, I just love it to pieces. I started that damn thing last fall sometime, and finished it Friday morning. I had to give it a good bath, because the hand-painted yarn I used rubbed off something fierce--I would end up with red hands after an evening of knitting. We went to see a show today and then out to dinner, so I got to dress up and wear the Clapotis out.


oh la la, tres chic, n'est ce pas?

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, March 20, 2005, Blogger Norma said...

Tres, tres chic!

 
At 2:25 AM, March 25, 2005, Blogger Christie said...

Your clapotis looks fabby!

Don't you love the Rowan and Rebecca? So many things to make!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home