Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Birthday!!

Today is Tim's birthday. We had lobster for lunch, and after we stopped at Flying Star to pick up dessert for later. I got him SNL's Best of Will Ferrell, the first season of SCTV on DVD, and a cheapo bin Cars cd. Pretty good haul, if I do say so myself. He is currently playing Xbox, which I would say is pretty good for a Thursday afternoon. One of the perks of being a college professor!

I could go on and on about my honey, but I will break it down Harlot-style into a few choice points:

1. He is smart. I don't mean in the 2 masters degrees AND a PhD kinda way (which he does have) but in a way that makes me stop and think. He's got a more thoughtful point of view about things, and is one of the best people I know for explaining things.

2. He is funny. Every day we laugh. Even on the bad days when things are stupid and grey and yucky, he makes a joke about poop that makes me roll my eyes and laugh my head off.

3. He is nice. Way nicer than me. He is naturally a kind and generous person, and I am continually impressed at how his kindness comes naturally to him, whereas I have to work on mine.

4. He puts up with my yarn habit and actually appreciates the things I do. He has gone up to the Taos Wool Festival with me twice now, and I think he may have enjoyed himself. At least I think so.

5. He is a good liar. I made pumpkin cheesecake last year for Thanksgiving, and I only found out thins year at Christmas that he really didn't like it. I can appreciate the skill it takes to pull that off (although the cheesecake was really good, so I don't know what his problem was).

6. He puts away the dishes from the dishwasher. 'Nuff said.

7. He loves my cooking (except for the whole cheesecake thing). My cooking is really good, but he is so much fun to cook for because you really know when he likes something. He gets all excited and makes yummy noises the whole way through. Although it may be a ruse to keep me cooking so he doesn't have to. :-)

8. Everyday he makes me feel more and more loved. I feel beautiful on my ugly days, cheered on my sad days and comforted on my anxious days because I know I am loved. I am a lucky woman to have this guy in my life.

How sweet it is to be loved by you, honey. Happy Birthday.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, March 05, 2005, Blogger littlehedgehog said...

Aww what a sweet post! Glad you two are so happy together. And happy birthday to Tim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home