Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Time to Get to Work


Here's Duckie, Jarrett and Vanessa. I knit Duckie from "Knitted Toys" by Fiona McTague. I had some trouble with the increasing on the head. Did you know that when it says [inc 1, k1] it really means k1, k1 and then increase? It does to Ms. McTague apparently. I tore my hair out trying to figure out how to go from 30 sts to 45 when inc1, k1 down the row gives you 60 sts. But, I finally remembered that I am not a knitter in a vacuum, and asked for help in the Knitter's Review forums. Those lovely folks over there helped me up good, so when I go to knit the monkey, who is next on the list of to-knits, I will confidently inc with the best of them. Oh yeah, and aren't those kids the cutest?! They even outshine Duckie, who is still pretty darn cute.

I have been out of town for a few days, but I am back with (hopefully) lots to show for it. I got close and cuddly with my digital camera and am figuring out how to post the pictures in my blog. I never knew how involved this whole thing was. I was thinking it just a journal, lots of people are doing it, I am a smart and capable woman--I should have no problems, right? Well, bucko, I'm here to tell you it's just not true. My mother has been lying to me this whole time--I CAN'T do everything. Who knew a pretty blog takes a whole helluva lotta knowledge, esp. of HTML? Who knew you can't just slap in some pictures you took with your digital camera? I'm hoping to work out some of the issues and we'll see how it goes.
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, January 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute kids! Cute duck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home