Sunday, January 23, 2005

Erte Cloche--Part One

I am a loyal reader of Marnie MacLean's blog, and she has designed a very cute hat that the minute I saw, I wanted to knit. It's a cloche---those twenties-style flapper hats---and she decided that she was going sell the design. She has a bunch of really cute free patterns, but the cloche is to be her first for-sale pattern. So she asked her readers for someone to test-knit the pattern, I volunteered, and she picked me! I have to say that her pattern was very easy to understand and she has these great diagrams that explained what was going on. For me, if there's a picture, there's no problem. Marnie was so nice, and answered any of my questions, and also was gracious about any comments I had. See, we NH girls do okay. :-)
Here's the cloche in progress. You can see the orange provisional cast on, my messy seed stitch, and the lovely Koigu--the color is pretty accurate. I used #2 addis, and I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Tiny yarn and tiny needles will be my friends.
I can't figure out how to get more than one picture in a post, so I guess I will have to post a couple of times to get all the pics up. Hmm. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home