Thursday, January 13, 2005

Distractions

I have placed myself on a yarn diet---no more yarn until I finish the gazillion and one unfinished things I have lying around. I know that seems kinda mean, and like I won't ever be able to do it, but I really think I should. It's really getting out of hand over here. And, I have a lot of yarn around too, just waiting to be knit up into something beautiful. I have a UFO from when I first started knitting that is gorgeous and really should be finished. There's nothing wrong with it, I just got distracted. I get distracted easily. Yarn is an evil temptress. Speaking of distractions, have you seen the yarn over at Hello Yarn!?! I want it SO bad! Damn you, yarn diet!!

This is a shot from Christmas. My Memere and Auntie were in town, so we had many big feasts and my folks really went all out to show them a good time. So I decided that I would knit everyone something, even though we had decided only joke gifts. My Dad got his pair of house socks---which I only knit for him, because I dislike making the socks so. I have a feeling that will change though. Once I get more zen about things and like the tiny-needles-tiny-yarn thing. I mean, it's not as if I don't have the yarn lying around (see, I told you!! I NEED a yarn diet!). Mom, Memere, and my bro all got yummy slippers made from "Felted Knits" by Beverly Galeskas. I used the mohair ballet slipper pattern, but because I didn't want to felt them really, just have the stitches kind of distorted and soft, I made the slippers about true to size. My brother didn't want to felt his at all, so there you go. I also put elastic in the cuff so that they would stay on. Even when I do felt them all the way, I can never get those puppies to stay on, so the elastic works like a charm. My Auntie got a beautiful feather and fan pattern scarf, but alas, no pictures were taken where you can see it. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, February 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love My Socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home